miércoles, 4 de mayo de 2011

That OH CRAP feeling

On my usual walk home from the number 8 bus stop after private English class/song and dance time with Fernandito, I was stopped dead in my tracks. By a floral store. That was closed. On a Tuesday evening.

It sounds like the beginning of a bad mafia movie, but it's probably far less interesting.

DÍA DEL MADRE EL 1 DE MAYO!!!!
Mother's Day is the 1st of May!!

For the record, it was the 3rd of May.

What I thought it said was HEY CLAIRE YOU DIDN'T CALL YOUR MOM ON MOTHER'S DAY OR SEND ANY KIND OF "SORRY ABOUT LEAVING THE COUNTRY FOR 3 YEARS" CONSOLATION FLOWERS!! YOU ARE A HORRIBLE DAUGHTER. THIS SIGN WILL BE UP FOR THE NEXT 8 MONTHS BECAUSE NOBODY WILL BOTHER TO TAKE IT DOWN AND IT WILL REMIND YOU OF YOUR FAMILIAL FAILURE AND YOU'LL PROBABLY HAVE TO TAKE A LONGER ROUTE HOME.

The mothership.
I quickly booted up the ol' interweb on return home and was firin' up the ol' Skype for a telephone on the interweb call. A quick glance at flowers.com (which is now 1800flowers.com, why would you make a toll free phone number into your website. Really?) and I breathed a long sigh of relief.

Mother's Day is the 8th of May in the US, giving me a full 5 days to rush order flowers.

Happy Mother's Day Kristen!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario