jueves, 2 de diciembre de 2010

The cutest thing I´ve seen in a while

A week or two ago I won tickets to a concert in a concert series called "El duende del Albéniz" (roughly meaning magic in the Albéniz, which is a theater in Málaga). It´s a series of concerts that mix flamenco and jazz.

Cine Albéniz, Málaga.

The first show I went to was with Jose Carlos, who also happened to win 2 tickets. It was Arcángel, a flamenco cantaor from Huelva, singing and Miguel Ángel Cortés on guitar. It was breathtaking, one of the best pure flamenco music performances I´ve seen in a long time. If you´re interested in flamenco music check them out.
Arcángel.

The concert I went to tonight with Laura was Tomasito and his group, and was much more rock/blues influenced with a backbone of flamenco. He and his band were jumping and playing and tocando palmas (clapping out flamenco rhythm) and drinking beer and shouting and dancing and he wore bright green flamenco boots and a red scarf and was running up and down the aisle. By the end the audience was pulsing with the beat.

Tomasito, a flamenco version of Mick Jagger.


Towards the end of the show, as Laura and I moved our way up from our original seats in the back towards the front, I looked to my left at the couple sitting next to us. The old lady and the old man were singing along to every song and tocando palmas in perfect contratiempo (one person claps on beat, the other on the off beat) with one another.

It was absolutely adorable.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario