domingo, 24 de julio de 2011

Signs of Life

Loyal yet dwindling readership: I'm still alive. I will still be blogging. Let me explain myself.

I've been working at an English camp in rural Madrid province. As an English teacher, I've been braving the dangers of hundreds of children chanting in unison, edible-like substances that they continue to refer to as "food" in the cafeteria, and 5 hours of English class a day with a bunch of kids who were mistakenly led to believe that July means summer vacation. José, beer, the beach, and quiet time have been out the window since we got here.

On the positive side: the hours are long but I'm learning lots on how to be a good teacher. I'm living rent-free and my only expenditure is at a fine establishment called Antonio's Bar. The air is cool and refreshing. The countryside is beautiful, bucolic, and I´ve been taking nice runs around the nearby lake.

Photo courtesy of Sarah, of Love and Paella fame.


Plus the flesh-eating animals have shaved about 8 minutes off my running time.


Thinking positive.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario